Expecting a baby is such a wonderfully exciting time. What can be a little unsettling however is how rapidly your body will change and how you have to purchase new clothes to feel comfortable and confident. This doesn’t mean however ditching your personal sense of style. Here we’ve listed the must have fashion tips every pregnant woman should know. From selecting the right maternity wear to accessorising your outfit, we’ve got the lowdown on how to be pregnant and stylish:
- Don’t change your own sense of style- The biggest mistake women can make is purchasing maternity wear because of it’s fit. You should be able to find clothing that fit well, look great on you and you like them. Don’t change the basics of what makes up your wardrobe just because you are pregnant. Find alternatives that are comfortable, as well as being ‘you.’
- Purchase pieces that will last and you can wear after pregnancy- There are many different types of maternity wear that can be worn well after baby is born and doesn’t have to hit the back of the wardrobe until next time.
- Maternity wear that grows with you- When you begin to show you may need to start purchasing some maternity clothing. Of course, you will grow much bigger in the coming months, so it’s a good idea to look for stretch fabrics that will grow as you do. The most unflattering fashion no no is the riding up top over the expanding middle. Make sure you buy tops that are long and designed to stretch and you won’t have a problem.
- Show if off- There can be a tendency of women who are pregnant to wear over sized clothing which can make them look like they are wearing a sack. For slouch t-shirts and shift dresses create shape by wearing a belt low underneath the tummy. This will give you shape and show off a bump to be proud of!
- Minimise patterns and go for sleek classic shades- Rather than going for bold prints stick to basic colours and make the colour black your new best friend. There are some wonderful maternity dresses on the market which will take you from day to night with effortless glam. Accessorise with large bold cuffs and earrings and you’ve got a versatile outfit right throughout your pregnancy.
- Undergarments that feel great- It’s so important when you’re pregnant not skimp on quality undergarments that feel great and fit well. As your cup size will grow, a comfortable bra will be vital to ensure you feel good. Quality is key here so keep that in mind.